Starting a wheelchair service business can be a good fit if you want to help individuals with mobility issues and prefer controlling your schedule. People who are wheelchair-bound often hire wheelchair transport services Singapore to provide them with personal transportation. It offers transportation to doctor’s visits, employment, social events, and retail establishments. It eliminates the need for people who use wheelchairs to rely on family members and friends for travel.
Steps to be followed
- As required, register the wheelchair travel agency with the secretary of state or office of revenue in your state and your city. Your state and city registration needs can be obtained through the city or county’s economic growth or small company office.
- Get a vehicle for client transportation. You may decide to start your business with your car or van to cut costs. Your car must be spacious enough to transport your clients safely while also accommodating a wheelchair.
- Contact your insurance agent or broker to identify the sorts of insurance you will need to protect your responsibilities while carrying clients.
- If your state needs it, get a chauffeur’s license. The state criteria for acquiring a chauffeur’s license can be found at your government’s motor vehicle or transportation agency.
- Create business cards and pamphlets to promote your wheelchair transportation company. Your contact details and your services should be included in these materials.
- Leave business cards and brochures in doctors’ offices, long-term care facilities, medical supply stores, and hospitals to attract clients.
- To scale your business, ask clients for referrals. If you provide prompt, courteous service to your clients, they will usually be willing to provide you with the contact details of other potential customers.