Heart diseases are one of the most horrible news you can hear. The rate of heart disease has increased with today’s lifestyle. The current stress and unhealthy habits are not helping to keep your heart healthy. There are many heart diseases like heart failure, arrhythmia, etc. You need to get your heart checked regularly to avoid heart disease. You can find a heart doctor in Newton, NJ, and get checked today.
List of heart diseases
- Coronary artery disease: In this type of heart disease, blood vessels become narrow and fatty deposits accumulate. The disease can cause chest pain, shortness of breath, and a heart attack. The reasons that can lead to this condition are high cholesterol, smoking, etc.
- Heart failure: If the heart cannot supply enough blood to your body, it can lead to heart failure. The reason behind this condition can be weakened heart muscles. This is called systolic heart failure. And when the muscles become stiff, it is termed diastolic heart failure. You can see symptoms such as shortness of breath, leg swelling, etc.
- Arrhythmia: When your heartbeat is not regular, the condition is termed an irregular heartbeat. There are multiple symptoms of arrhythmia, such as dizziness, fainting, etc. You can check your symptoms with a heart doctor in Newton, NJ.
- Heart valve: In this type of disease, your heart’s muscles become weak or enlarged. The symptoms of the disease are as follows: chest pain, fatigue, and shortness of breath. Your family history, infections, or even certain type of medication can cause this disease.
- Cardiomyopathy: In this type of disease, the muscles of your heart become weak or get enlarged. The symptoms of the disease are as follows: chest pain, fatigue, and shortness of breath. Your family history, infections, or even certain type of medication can cause this disease.
Tips to keep your heart healthy
- If you opt for a healthy diet, the chances of heart disease are reduced. A healthy diet includes vegetables, proteins, healthy fats, etc.
- You need to exercise regularly to lower heart risks. By exercising daily, you can avoid gaining weight and prevent heart disease.
- You need to maintain a healthy weight to avoid the risk of heart disease. You can eat healthily and work out, which can help you maintain your health.
- Smoking can be a driving factor for different heart diseases. Hence, it is necessary to avoid smoking to protect the health of your heart.
- Stress has an impact on your blood flow. Hence, chronic stress can lead to many heart conditions.
- Poor sleep can increase your risk of heart disease, so aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Poor sleep can cause many diseases, and heart disease is one of them. So, you need to complete daily rest to make your heart healthy.